What Is The FFA Crop Management Challenge?
The Crop Management Challenge is a competition for Michigan FFA Chapters to enter and expand their member’s agronomy skills – competing with other chapters making sound agronomic and environmental decisions in a demonstration plot of corn or soybeans.
- How can my organization support and sponsor the contest?
- Over the past several years, The AgroExpo, in conjunction with several sponsors, have held the FFA Crop Management Contest. This contest was created to help make students aware of the many career opportunities within agriculture. The contest has been an overwhelming success, not only with students and parents, but also by judges and other observers. This is a real-world learning opportunity for students, while exposing them to the industry of agriculture.
- 2023 FFA Crop Management Results
- 2023 Contest Winners were announced in December 2023 and they will also be reconginzed at the 2024 Michigan FFA State Convention in March.
- Corn Winners | 1st Camden-Frontier, 2nd Coopersville, 3rd Fowlerville
- Soybean Winners | 1st Ionia, 2nd Ithaca, 3rd Coleman
- 2024 Contest Participation Dates
- Crop Management Challenge Field Day to be held in mid-June; details to follow. The field day is held at the North Central Research Station, St. Johns, MI.
- Participating FFA Chapters are required to attend the AgroExpo on Wednesday, August 14th from 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. Details for booth setup and luncheon will be shared with teams at the June Field Day.
THANK YOU TO THE 2024 SPONSORS!